© 2008 – 2012 Jolie B. Studios LLC
Technique: Watercolor Weave
A watercolor weave done in a group session. The approach can be used with a group or an individual.
I enjoy facilitating this approach as it can usually be accomplished by any participant, the art-making itself is fairly simple, the technique is wonderful for calming any nerves or jitters and the outcome helps foster a sense of community amongst the group.
- Each member in the group creates a water color image, as simple as they would like. Lines on a page, dots on a page, if they chose, they can just color the whole page one color, it doesn’t matter. Anything they want. [I let them know ahead of time that what they create will take a different form when we’re done]
- Once everyone is finished, shift the work into the hands of another person; everyone cuts an image into strips a couple inches wide. Then rearrange the strips to create a new image.
- You can lay the strips side by side or even weave them together.
- You can can create one large picture as the example here which we left for the rest of our group time or
- You can give different strips to each member and let them make their own creation.
Spaces & Places: Where We Create
Art Therapy Community Photo Documentary Project
Details at: http://bit.ly/x7Q0jX